Monday, November 24, 2008

pump track mania

We went out to Clarksburg and rode on a pump track for three hours yesterday. I rode my twenty inch street bike and Terry's Santa Cruz Dirtjumper. I'm kinda partial to the street bike cuz if a manual goes bad it's easier to step off the back and let the bike go. It looks like it is totally a skills course but it is also a huge total body workout, especially if you do multiple laps. I rode so long that I bonked and had to find some sugar. Today I am feeling it big time. I was stiff and sore in new places and my legs pretty much burned all day. But, I've been having such a good time riding in the dirt that I climbed up Stage Coach on my Monday ride around the lake.

2 comments:

camps said...

That looks nice. Is it indoor? Public? Add it to our map of Pump Tracks in the US

http://chambersburgpumptrack.blogspot.com/

Dino Dante said...

At this point it's private but is marked to go public. It is built in a lighted hay barn. A hay barn has two walls facing the direction that storms travel. Pretty cool. If we go again I'll give the owner your blog address.