Thursday, December 4, 2008

recovery week

Not sure why, but I do not enjoy recovery weeks. One would think that after six weeks of near perfect training I should be able and willing to cruise easy and enjoy the time off while waiting for all the wonderful benefits of super-compensation to settle in. Well flibbity-floo, I'm doing it, but I don't like it. There is always this underlying anxiety about whether I've done too little, or I've done too much, or I lived too fast and too hard for too long and will never be able to compete at the national level. Then of course there is the lack of endogenous opioid polypeptide compounds floating round my system keeping me in that trashed state of contentment and well being. But it's still about five months until my first race of the year so I'm just trying to focus on staying healthy and not taking on more than I can handle. I got some cool projects going at work and hopefully we'll continue to stay busy while we wait for Steve to return.

No comments: