Thursday, March 19, 2009

ONE Pilates and Fitness

I started doing Pilates about six weeks ago and am pleased to report it's everything I'd hoped it would be. Carol Hockridge over at ONE Pilates and Fitness is an excellent teacher, a strong woman, and a great lady. She's helping me deal with the ridiculous muscle imbalances I've developed over the last several years by doing little to nothing besides riding my bike. The whole deal seams to be keeping the spine in its neutral position while applying maximum torque to the bicycle. Of course it's really more about a healthy and balanced body and mind but I want to win bike races dammit and Carol is helping me figure out how to put more power to the pedals and that is what I have to say about that.

Saturday on the River Ride I got away with a Cat 1, an ex-pro, and another meathead geezer and cracked off an all time personal best for 27 minutes. I followed that up with a killer 7 hour ride on Monday at 220 watts for the day. This week I'm doing some leg strength tempo work and will rest up for the DBC 300k next week. I'm really looking forward to this ride and hoping for great weather.

The legs are good, moral is great, and I'm itching to race!

No comments: