Monday, February 16, 2009

Hello Moto!

I went out on the tt-bike once the weather broke and did a little threshold test. I cranked off a five minute VO2 blowout at 357 watts and then headed conservatively into 2x20 minutes at 40K/hill climb pace. I was hoping for a jump of 20 watts, up to 300 from 280, so I settled in at 300 and was suprised at how easy it was, and how fast the time flew by. So for the second interval I started conservatively again, but this time turned up the heat in the second half. Much to my suprise I averaged 314 watts for the final ten minutes. That's an increase of 11% during a base training phase. Pretty exciting. What I'm going for is a well established estimate of my new threshold, so I will follow up with an actual 40K time trial and a one hour hill climb. Then the hard work of long intervals will begin.

No comments: