Wednesday, June 3, 2009

transition

May 2-3 came and went and I completed 272 miles in 24 hours. Not the stellar tt I was hoping for but a valiant effort none the less. Starting the day with 180 miles in the rain was really tough but I didn't really begin to run out of gas until about the 18 hour mark. I had great support from Katie, Steve and Peggy Rex, Doug, Raul, and Scoobie. There are definitely more ultras in my future but not this year.

Right now it's all about track racing. We have already done six events and there are many more to come including the American Velodrome Challenge at Hellyer, the Alpenrose Velodrome Challenge in Portland, Elite Districts, Masters Districts, and the International Omnium State Championships tentatively scheduled in September.

My two full time clients are doing really well. Andy placed 2nd in his division at the Coolest 24 Hour MTB Race and Katie just earned her cat 3 upgrade on the track. Now if I can squeeze out a result the season will be a complete success!

No comments: